Wind farms are being developed to supply electricity to communities. However, there are many people who disagree with putting up the wind turbines that generate the electricity. Click on the sections links below to explore resources associated with the common issues surrounding wind power.
Wind, Birds and Bats
There is a lot of controversy about the effect of wind turbines on bat and bird population. The resources include information from both sides of this debate.
- AWWI Wind-Wildlife-Interactions Factsheet
- Bird Bat Mortality
- Birds and Bats Fact Sheet
- Patterns Bat Fatalities Wind Facilities
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Wind Power
- Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wind Power
- Advantages and Challenges of Wind Power
Wind Turbine Syndrome
There are people who believe wind turbines cause health problems for humans. The disorder is call Wind Turbine Syndrome (WTS). The resources below contain information on both sides of the WTS debate.
Wind Power: Good or Bad
Wind farms are being developed across the landscape as a clean, renewable energy source. Not everyone agrees. The resources below include information on both sides of the debate.
- 20 Bad Things with Windpower–and Three Reasons Why
- Union of Concerned Scientists Wind Fact Sheet
- State enters debate over wind energy
- Small Wind Guide